Emergency & Injury FAQ

If your still feel that any of your questions have not been adequately addressed, please call our office and one of our friendly staff members will connect you with the department best suited to assist you.  314-367-1181


What do I do if I injure my eye?

It is important to seek immediate medical assistance from an ophthalmologist, primary care physician, or emergency room physician if you receive an injury to the eye.  It is important to protect the eye and avoid eye rubbing until the eye has been fully evaluated.


FAQ books.jpg


What should I do in the event of an emergency?

If you are being seen as an emergency patient, it is suggested that you bring an overnight bag with you.  Please bring all current medications. If you are admitted to the hospital, a chest x-ray, EKG, blood and urine tests may be required. If indicated, a consultation with an internist will be obtained. All surgical fees will be discussed with you by our admissions coordinator, as indicated.


What should I do if my visit is related to a work injury or an automobile injury?

In order to submit a claim to your worker’s compensation carrier or automobile insurance carrier, we will need the full name and address of the carrier. We will need the date of injury, claim number, and name and phone number of the claim adjustor.  Please contact your employer or automobile insurance carrier to initiate an injury claim.